A family trip recorded for the internet in Las Vegas in 1962:
Las Vegas 1962 from Jeff Altman on Vimeo.
1. Las Vegas, it appears, didn't use to suck so hard in 1962.
2. I need to acquisition all my family's old video recordings. My father did this years ago from our VHS'.
3. We use to call them "video tapes" when "video tapes" were what we used to watch movies at home (namely, a very worn out copy of Mary Poppins, Home Alone, and Uncle Buck). 1990's Macaulay Culkin, for the win.
4. Dick Van Dyke playing the Chimney Sweep guy in Mary Poppins
is really is damn funny. There's also a ton of drug references in that film.
5. At least 60's cinematography was better, from a D-I-Y perspective.