Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama Blog

And so we're one day since the most historical event of this year has taken place (and California, Oregon, and Washington didn't even need to be counted!), the Christmas music is running through my bones, and I've been reminiscing.

-If I get one more "tomorrow everyone needs to shave their pubes, it's the last day of Bush!" text I'm gonna fucking straggle the person who sent it to me.

-During my menagerie of aimless CNN/MSNBC/FOXNEWS viewing late that night someone on one of the stations said that Obama recieved the congrats phone call from the current president (wait, he's still in office?). That HAD to have been the most awkward phone call I could think of (something along the lines of calling an ex-girlfriend to try and stay friends I'm guessing...).

and I never heard if Obama ever said at the end of conversation anything like, "So we're good, right? Like, I know I said a lot of mean things about you to my friends, but I didn't mean them. Come on, Bushy, you know we're alright, right?"


-It's odd because I never thought my drunken perception would actually predict exactly how things would turn out.

I'll explain. Last March I got incredibly sauced and was outside of my dorm and thinking over politics, and I thought to myself between thoughts of sleep and vomiting, "Ok so this is how it's gonna role out; Obama is eventually going to beat out Hillary. I'm almost postive. The Hilary supporters are gonna be sore but they'll eventually come to support him. That doesn't mean McCain isn't gonna try to sway them with weird attempts to grab them (and this was before Palin, mind you) but the way support is being thrust at Obama, there's no way McCain stands a chance. He'll win in a landslide for sure."

I was so fucking right. Lesson: Get drunk and think about politics.

-I'm so happy that when I see the future first lady, it's not going to be someone who looks like they're made out of plastic.

-After my Obama won I finally got around to starting essay due the following morning (at ~11:30 PM). The only things still left on were political wrap-ups. That is with the exception of a PBS marathon of Bob Dylan live shows from 1963-65. It truly was the most fitting thing to find on tv.

-And when I finally finished my essay at 1:30 I was so tired that I contemplated not brushing my teeth out of laziness. But I knew Obama would think of me.

I'll explain. Obama has been talking for many months now about how victory is for those who are willing to work for it. Victory wouldn't come easy and would take sacrifice. So I looked myself in the mirror and said "No, I may be tired and worn out from excitement, but this teeth-brushing is a sacrifice I need to make to help better this country. Yes we can."

Dental hygiene has never felt more patriotic.

No comments: