Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaugurama!

Ok let me first start by saying...



FUCK YES!



Ok now on to the shit that matters (kidding). 


There's something about inaugurations that feel much like birthdays.

I'll explain.

Every time I turn a new age (in this case 20) there's something I can't get use to for about three months, the fact that I'M A NEW AGE. No matter how many times I hear it, I still cannot mentally comprehend the dramatic change.

With inaugurations/new presidents, same thing goes. I literally cannot comprehend that fact that Obama is president (but damn it feels good saying that).

It may have something to do with excitement, because I remember back when W was inaugurated, my parents woke me up for me to watch his first day on a Saturday morning, and I remember being so excited that I couldn't comprehend it (lay off me, I was only 12 when Bush was embezzled err I mean elected)

And seriously, I've had it up to here (I'm pointing to the top of my head) with Diane Feinstein.  Could she seriously try and be anymore of an egotist? And no I'm not talking about her introduction duties at the inauguration... I'm talking about her stink she made about Leon Panetta.  She was acting like a three year old begging for attention, oh, and... you know... proving the inefficiency of bureaucracy all at the same time. And my friends wonder why I won't just vote Democrat straight down the ballot...

Nothing about the ceremony in particular blew me away, that is with the exception of the Rev. Joseph Lowery (if the youtube clip was posted I'd have posted it hear already). I'm negating intellectual comments because of the fact that I'm not very good at them.

BUT I WILL SAY THIS... There was something very ominous about watching W fly away at the end in the helicopter, almost like the end of old western.  The fact alone that Brian Williams didn't say a damn word said enough.

Thus ends the topic to encourage me to start a blog in the first place... my apologies.

No comments: